Friday, November 19, 2010

New Big Girl Beds

Well, Mommy finally caved and got "big girl beds" for my big girls! I held out as long as I could. They had been sleeping in junior beds and I was okay with those because they still had the crib look, but they are 3 years old and had really grown out of their toddler beds. Some nights I would find Mary Elizabeth, my thrasher, with her head hanging out of the bed, neck resting on the wooden rail or legs and arms hanging out. It was time. Needless to say, it was an emotional night for Louis and me. Breaking down those cribs and taking them out of the room marked the end of my babies. Sniff, sniff. It was so strange to watch their room transform.
Their room still is not finished. It's a work in progress. I had to see if two full size beds would fit in their room, first, before I could paint. They do fit and I LOVE their new room. I can't wait to see it totally finished.
October 30th was the first night my girls slept on their new mattresses. We didn't have time to break down the cribs, move furniture around and but together the adult bed frames all in one night. So, the first night they just slept on their mattresses and box springs on the ground.
Here's Mckinley in her new bed for the first time with the new bedding. She's so excited.
Here's Mary Elizabeth already sprawling out in her new bed.


The next night was Halloween and we didn't even attempt anything extra that night. Luckily, we had Monday Nov. 1 off from work. So, on Monday we ripped up the carpet in their room and the play room, replaced the carpet pad, tack board, and base boards (we had a leak in our roof that took forever for someone to finally find and figure out how to fix). Then we moved furniture around again and set up the new bed frames. We did all of this with me having bronchitis. Fun!

That night I took some pictures of them asleep in their new beds (all put together.)

Sweet Mary Elizabeth


Mckinley asleep with her dragon.


There's nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby, even when those babies are 3 and hate it when you call them baby. :-)

No comments: