Monday, February 14, 2011

Snow cones, Lite Brite, and Hi-Ho-Cheerio

During our snow weeks, we tried to find fun things to do around the house. We decided to make snow cones, REAL snow cones with REAL snow!!! We had snow cone syrup, cups, and straws left over from their birthday party, so we were go to go. They were so yummy and fun. The girls were SO excited!
Mckinley with her snow cone.
Mary Elizabeth with hers.
Later that night we got out some of our Christmas presents we hadn't played with yet. As Kate Gosselin once said, "All good moms put some Christmas presents up." He, he! While I don't agree with everything she does, I do agree with this. All the toys can be overwhelming for kids, so if you put some up and bring them out little by little it seems like something brand new and more exciting.
We played with the Lite Brite (a childhood favorite of mine) that Auntie M gave them. It was so fun!
I love how Mary Elizabeth is hugging my arm. Moments like this are my favorite.
Of course my anal husband had to organize the colors in a tackle box organizer. No mixing up the colors and storing them all in the purple bottom container ON the Lite Brite for this family.
Next, we played Hi-Ho-Cheerio that Nana Vickie gave them. I had never played this game before and it was a lot of fun. It's a great game to teach counting.

No comments: