Thursday, March 24, 2011

Graphing

One of the girls' Valentine's activities was to graph little conversation hearts. They did a graph at school and their teacher sent home a baggie of hearts and a blank chart. I was so impressed that they were able to graph, that I just had to see it for myself. So, we did at home too.
They did such a good job. First, they sorted the conversation hearts by color.
Then, they lined them up, one in each box next to the corresponding colored heart.
They counted the hearts out loud as they were placing them on the graph.
After we had all the hearts on the graph, they were able to look at the graph and tell me which color they had the most of.
Next, I had them trace the numbers to tell how many of each color there were. Finally, we took the candy hearts off and we colored the graph to show how many of each color we had. The reward for their hard work: eating the candy!!!

I'm so proud of my 3 year old graphers!

No comments: