Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm thankful

This post is just for me. It's a chance for me to get my feelings down. Today was my last day working part time. I can't believe that almost 4 school years have come to an end. When my sweet little babies were born, I never imagined that time would go by so fast. I am so thankful for our decision for me to work part-time. I am so thankful for my time that I've had at home with my children. It hasn't always been easy, there have been some very trying times, but I would not do a single thing different.
The first 2 years I job shared. That really was the best of both worlds. While I was at work I could be in work mode and stay in work mode until the day was over. On my off days, I could sleep in, and be in mom mode all day.
I truly believe in God's timing. So many things have worked out so perfectly. I don't know if things would have worked out the same if I had my girls any other time. I was able to keep a part time job for 4 years even through these hard economic times when many part time workers lost their jobs. For that I am so thankful. Also, the same year that I was released from my contract at Cumming was the same year that Tracey, my current principal was appointed principal. I taught with her at Cumming and when I needed a job, she called me. For that I am also so thankful. I've always wanted my girls to be typical peers in the special ed preschool program. I always knew that it would be a long shot since it's such a popular program and there are so few spots. Since I would need two spots, I knew my chances were slim. I don't think it would have been possible for me to get my girls in this program, like I did, if I were not at Mashburn. Again, for that I'm thankful. Another thing is that next year I was hoping to go full time. While nothing is official until I sign a contract, I'm supposed to be teaching 3rd grade next year. How blessed am I? Every year that I wanted part-time it worked out and the year I want to go back full time because the girls will be in full time preschool it works out. If that's not God's timing, I don't know what it. Finally, since I was fortunate enough to be asked to go to Mashburn, I was asked to be my assistant principal's long term sub while she is out on maternity leave. This is a great opportunity to see if going into leadership is something I really want to do. Also, if I do enjoy it, this is great experience for me. I am so thankful for this opportunity.
I love my beautiful little girls and I thank God for them everyday. I cannot imagine life without them. I am so thankful that God chose me to be their mom. I am so thankful that I was blessed to be a mom. I am so thankful to God for his wisdom and his masterful timing. While it is still a struggle for me, I know that I should put everything is His hands and let everything happen in His time, because His plan for me and for my family is better than anything I could plan.

No comments: