Friday, September 24, 2010

Funny Story

I wanted to share a funny story from last Friday. The girls and I were on our way to the football game. On the way, I spotted some hot air balloons. They'd never seen hot air balloons, so I said, "Look girls, balloons." They wowed and Ooooed about them. They love balloons and these were a big hit. Well, I had to turn onto another road. Mckinley and Mary Elizabeth both start shouting, "I can't see the balloons anymore, Mommy." I tell them, "They're behind the trees." Mckinley said, "I want the trees to back up." (He, he). Mary Elizabeth says, "I want the trees to back up too, Mommy." Mckinley then says, "Mommy, tell the trees to back up." I tell them (using my best 3 year old logic), "Mommy is not the trees' mommy so they won't listen to me." Ha! This makes perfect sense to them. The girls both nod their heads and then Mckinley says, "They tell you no, Mommy?" "Yes," I said, feeding their imaginations, "they tell me no." I love the minds of 3 year olds. Oh, to be that precious again.

1 comment:

The Malueg Family said...

And oh, may they stay that precious always! Great story Jen!