This year our Elf made his appearance early. Mary Elizabeth didn't want to eat her dinner and we were having one of our difficult dinners one early November night. I looked at Louis and said, "I think our Elf needs to come early this year." Louis agreed and ran with it. Unfortunately, Louis didn't remember all the rules in the book. He was so excited about his idea that I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble.
He had Santa call during dinner and tell the girls that if they were good and ate their dinner, that Santa would have a present for them in the mailbox. The mood of dinner changed immediately and both girls cleaned their plates! Thanks Santa!
So, after dinner we headed outside to the mailbox with our Rex and Bulls eye flashlights to find out what Santa left us in the mailbox.
On the way back to the house, I asked them what the wanted to name their elf. Mckinley shouted out, "Elfabet!" So, our name for our elf is now Elfabet. Last year it was Ouch. I think Elfabet is going to stick. We'll see next year though. I think Mckinley picked Elfablet since elf sounds so much like alph in alphabet.
I have to say, this elf thing is the best. Mary Elizabeth has totally bought in to the program. She's all about it. The week after Elfabet made his appearance, she didn't sleep past 7:00. She woke up bright and early to find him. She always will shape up at the mention of his name. He has helped us eat our dinners, be nice to our sister, and listen to our mommy and daddy. We love him! We may just extend his welcome in our house. :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment