Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Crib Days are Numbered

So, our crib days are numbered. Our last day at the beach, we put the girls down for a nap, closed the door, and walked out of the room like usual. We take a monitor, but not a video monitor, so we can hear what's going on, but we can't see them. While I was sitting there, eating my lunch, listening to them on the monitor I heard something that didn't sound right so Louis went in to check on them. He opened the door to find Mary Elizabeth in Mckinley's pack n play! She had climbed out of her pack n play and into Mckinley's!!! We then decided to video her doing it just to see how she managed it. Mckinley also pooped, story of my life, so I was changing her diaper. She's very athletic!
We got home and she didn't do it for a few days. We thought we were good. We thought she couldn't get out of ours until Tuesday. Again, we put them down for a nap, walked out of the room, and then a few minutes later we checked the video monitor to make sure they were asleep b/c quiet does not always mean asleep! :-) We found Mary Elizabeth's bed empty and Mckinley in her's with two little hands sticks through the slats in the crib. She was out! We went upstairs and put her back in. She proceeded to perch herself up on top of her crib SEVERAL times. She can lay like this for minutes at a time! I think she's part cat! I love this sweet girl, but man is she wild! :-)
Posted by Picasa
On another note, please keep my Daddy in your prayers. He had a heart attack and is now at home, but please pray for his recovery.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow..she climbs out quickly, too! I love the video! Let the fun begin ;) After you get them in "big girl" beds, I'm sure keeping them in the beds will be a challenge. They are too cute. I love seeing your videos so I can hear their sweet little voices! I got a kick out of Louis' comments too! ;)

The Malueg Family said...

Looks like toddler beds are coming up in the near future!!

Jenn McPherson said...

Omg I will pray for your daddy! He is such a sweet man! I just loved him during our shoot. I will pray for him tonight.
The girls are totally cracking me up! Put those chicks in some gymnastics!!