Sunday, November 8, 2009

Big Girl Beds

November 1st was the first day Mckinley and Mary Elizabeth slept in big girls beds. They're doing great with it. They're staying in their beds and sleeping well. They love their "big girl beds." They play in them during the day and ask to go in their big girl beds at night. They feel so special. I'm so proud of them. They rock with transitions. This was another change I dreaded and it was another change that turned out to be not a big deal at all. It's just hard to envision your children in the next stage and how you'll handle it until you're there.

On another note, we had an awesome, unplanned, family day today. After church, we went to Whole Foods to get some Spanish chorizo and Spanish paprika for a lentil soup that I'm going to make. They have little grocery carts for kids to push around and the girls had so much fun with their buggies. After we checked out and I put the little brown bags with our purchases in their carts, Mary Elizabeth said pretty loudly, in her sweet voice, "Thank you, Mama, thank you." It was so sweet. The cashier and the couple behind us just melted. She's such a polite child. Then, we headed to North Point mall so I could exchange some shirts at Gymboree. We walked by Build-a-bear and saw Frosty and Louis said, "I don't care, we're making them." So, being the softy that he is, he spent way too much money on stuffed Frosties. So, our Christmas season has started. That is the first Christmas movie the girls really liked and it's special to us. That's how Mckinley learned to say "Happy Birthday!" and she used to sing the song "Frosty the no - no." It was precious. Then, I went into Gymboree and Mary Elizabeth spotted the train. She spent the whole time I was in Gymboree (which was a while since they only had one cashier, like always) asking to ride the train, so we did. ALL OF US. IN ONE CAR. It was cute. I wish I had my camera or my phone. I had neither. We were both instructed to sit. It was a fun day for all of us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: