Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall Hoe Down Party

The girls' fall party at school was a Hoe Down themed party. They were little farmer girls with overalls and cowboy hats. It was a lot of fun. There was a jumpy, a hay ride, playground time, games, story/ singing time, and lunch. It was a fun day with our girls and they were very excited to have us at their school.
Mary Elizabeth in the jumpy. Mckinley didn't want to get in, even though she had just jumped in one two days before. Go figure, so I crawled in and drug her in with me. Another mom joined me and we set up a system to raise one child up the "stairs" in the jumpy and have the other mom at the top to grab them and send them down the slide. The jumpy had a wizard on the top of it with a tall wizard's hat and Mckinley kept calling it a cowboy. Why???? I guess because of the hat??? She didn't want to get in, but then the whole rest of the day she kept saying, "I wanna go see cowboy." That's Mckinley.
Mckinley coming down the slide.

Mary Elizabeth

Mckinley


Mary Elizabeth in the tunnel. Love this one!



Mary Elizabeth playing games.


Picking out her prize with Daddy.

Mckinley playing a game.

Mary Elizabeth fishing with Daddy. Right up his alley!


Daddy showing her how to blow her flute thing.

Mckinley fishing.

Mckinley - tic, tac, toe bean bag toss with one of her teachers, Ms. Rita.


Mary Elizabeth

Mckinley on the hay ride.

Mary Elizabeth with Daddy on the hay ride. Love, love, love this one!


Mary Elizabeth

That afternoon, I let them play with their goody bags thinking they couldn't open anything. Wrong, Mommy! Think again! I turned the corner and found them chowing down. Mary Elizabeth was so sweet. She'd open up a piece of chocolate, break it in half, and give a half to Mckinley. I let them eat as much as they could open. I don't let them do that, ever, and I thought I should. They're only going to have one Halloween when they're two, right?

Mckinley's chocolate face.


No comments: