Saturday, January 29, 2011

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning. I hardly slept that night because I was so afraid they were going to wake up, come down the stairs, and into our room like they love to do and see the presents Santa had left while they were sleeping on their way. I turned the monitor up full blast and woke up constantly. At the first sign of movement Christmas morning, I jumped out of bed, grabbed my camera, and went upstairs to sit outside their door. I held them off until daddy got the video camera ready so we could video their sweet little faces on Christmas morning.
Here they are coming down the stairs and seeing all their loot under the tree. I love Mckinley's shocked face. And, yes, Mary Elizabeth is carrying her Repunzel dress. She had to sleep with it. She wanted to sleep IN it, but I told her it was too cold AND that Santa would get his feelings hurt if she didn't wear his special Santa pajamas and he may not leave her any presents. I'm so mean.
Playing with their new toys. Notice a theme? Princess, princess, princess. We're slightly obsessed.
Mckinley playing with her new princess castle. The other smaller castle is Ariel's castle. It's a bath toy. And the Sleeping Beauty is their new night light.
Mary Elizabeth playing with her new vanity.
Mary Elizabeth opening up a tin of new make-up.
Santa ate almost all his cookies and the reindeer did a pretty good job eating their carrots. I guess they filled up on the reindeer food outside first. ;-) Notice their cute little place mats they made at school? I'll treasure those sweet little handprints forever. Only downside, it's hard to make two place mats and one plate look cute. :-(
A close up of what it says. Their teacher has the cutest ideas.
With all the excitement this year, I forgot to take a picture of all the loot on Christmas morning BEFORE the girls got up, so here's a picture of some of their stuff, all played with, and messed up. :-) Some of it has already been strode all over the house by this point.
Mary Elizabeth, my exhibitionist, trying out her new roller skates. Sometimes I wonder about her love to naked. Hopefully it's just a phase. This is a little too "Boogie Nights-ish" for me.
My naked roller skater found the sleigh bell left for her from Santa under the tree.
Here's what it says. Again, their teacher has the cutest ideas.
Around 11 o'clock in the morning, this started. We had a white Christmas.
Mary Elizabeth made her own little bed on our bench in front of our bed so she could watch her new Pocahontas movie. She so stinkin' cute.
Shortly after the snow started, we headed to my parents house to celebrate Christmas with them. We called them b/f we left to see if things were worse there - it hadn't even started snowing there. I don't think they believed me about the snow at our house. It didn't start snowing at their house until 6 pm. So, I took a picture on the way out for proof. :-) The next morning it was a winter wonderland.
Our backyard.
Sorry, I'm a little over a month behind on my blogging. Better late than never!

No comments: