Thursday, January 27, 2011

Twas the Night Before Christmas

We've tried to start a lot of Christmas traditions in our house. I think that's what makes Christmas so special. I really like to make Christmas Eve special. I feel like that's the climax of Christmas.
Here are the girls and Louis spreading out reindeer food.
The girls spotted Santa and the reindeer in the sky. We had to hurry inside. :-)
Here we are concentrating so hard while carrying Santa's cookies and carrots for the reindeer.
Mary Elizabeth carefully placing her milk on the coffee table.
Family photo time! Everyone is in the picture but mom. I think Mary Elizabeth was telling me that she wanted two Ariels. :-)
Mckinley trying to be the sweet sister and give her sister a hug and a kiss. Mary Elizabeth was NOT having it.
Cheese! It's Christmas Eve!
Here the girls are waving goodbye to Elfabet. He was flying back to the North Pole that night.
Blowing Elfabet kisses goodbye.
Here are my favorite pictures.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds...while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.
Mckinley and Mary Elizabeth sound asleep on their gingerbread pillowcases that their teacher, Miss Nancy, made them. They are special pillowcases that make it easier to fall asleep on Christmas Eve, when it's SO hard to sleep.

No comments: