Well, the girls are another year older now. I can't believe they've been in my life for two years now. It's one of those things that when I think about I almost can't remember my life without them, but at the same time, it seems like I just had them yesterday. They are so much fun and they bring a joy and such an amazing love to my life that I can't even put into words.
This year for the girls birthday we had a pony party. Louis and I like to do big parties because we think of their birthday as much more than commemorating the day of their birth, it's a celebration! We like to celebrate their life! We celebrate the fact that I was blessed to become pregnant with them, blessed to be able to carry them as long as I did, blessed to have God's wisdom guiding my doctors, blessed to have healthy, strong, determined babies that grew, maintained their body heat, learned to eat, and came out breathing, and blessed to have a strong support team that helped me through those difficult, trying, impossible months when we first brought them home and saw no end in sight. You would never know by looking at the girls that they were 2 and 3 lb preemies. I thank God for that and I think we must celebrate all of our blessings!!!
The girls really enjoyed their party this year. I can't believe how much they've changed from last year to this year. They loved playing on the swing set, riding ponies, and getting their face painted. I love enjoying things through their eyes. I waited so long to be able to do things with my kids and I just love it!
Mckinley absolutely LOVES riding ponies. She cried every time she got off. She was just so happy riding. I'm so glad she loved her party!
Here's Nana Foster putting Mckinley on the horse for the first time.
Mary Elizabeth with Nana Daniel.
Me taking Mckinley around the riding ring for the first time. I was SO excited that she liked it so much.
Me going around with Mary Elizabeth and giving her a kiss. Mary Elizabeth has the sweetest, most precious face, and I just love to kiss it!
Daddy taking Mary Elizabeth around. Don't you just love that genuine smile?
Daddy taking Mckinley around on the big horse. I thought she'd be afraid of the big horse. Nope.
Mckinley. It looks like she's riding by herself.
Mary Elizabeth. She's so happy she's giddy.
I love this one! She looks like she's all grown up, riding by herself, staring up to the heavens, reflecting on life.
I wanted a shot of both of the birthday girls on their ponies at the same time.
Riding back to the stable.
Face painting time!
Mckinley's turn.
"Happy Birthday to you" the cakes I made. Louis complained so much about how much I spent on their birthday cake last year, I decided to make them myself this year. I saved money, but this year he complained about how much time I devoted to the cakes. I can't win.




2 comments:
How fun!!! It looks like the pony rides were a huge hit ... what a great idea! I'm glad they loved them so much and that their birthday party went so well! The girls ice cream outfits are too cute. And, I definitely have to mention that your cakes looked awesome! You did a great job decorating them! :) Happy Birthday Mckinley and Mary Elizabeth!!!
Post a Comment