Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PaPa

Last night, I lost a great man that had always been in my life. It is especially hard for me, because losing him meant the end of era in my life; my life with grandparents. It's hard to accept that those people who spoiled you, loved you, and thought you could do no wrong, that were always in your life are now gone. I wish my girls would have been able to spend more time with all of them. At least they got to know PaPa some. Mary Elizabeth especially loved him. She would sit in his lap and just let him talk to her and tell her stories. He had some great stories. He was in WWII and he would always share stories from the war with us. Louis loved hearing his stories and thought they were so cool since he never had a grandpa. He would have been 87 next month. Mom and Dad were planning a birthday party for him at his house that they've fixed up and I was so excited about that for him. I know he would have loved how they taken care of his house and he would have loved seeing everyone he loved. I'm really sorry that we didn't get to see that out. On a happy note, I know that he's with my MaMa again and I know that makes him happy, and me too. I'll always have the memories. And, I have a lot of them. I'll always remember the "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer that he said with me when I spent the night with them. I say that with my girls now and think of him. I'll remember him taking Miranda and I fishing. Live bait fishing is still my favorite. I'll remember his stories, his favorite foods, his jellies, his TV watching, him sitting at the store, the way he drank his tea and coke, the auctions, and so many more things. I'm so glad that I got two good visits with him before he passed away. I'm glad I got to joke with him about me sticking my hands on his country ham. Even on his death bed, he still was laughing and had a good sense of humor. I love you PaPa. Thank you for being in my life.

2 comments:

erin said...

i am so sorry you lost your PaPa. hugs and prayers for you and your family. much love and blessings~erin

Tara said...

What a sweet post! I'm SO so sorry for your loss. Its so hard losing the people we love. Just continue to hold on to all your wonderful memories so you can celebrate his life. I will definitely be praying for you and your family during this time! Love, Tara