Monday, October 20, 2008

Burt's Pumpkin Farm '08

What a difference a year makes!



Burt's '07



And Burt's '08

It's amazing how far they've come in a year. I remember last year, they had no idea we were there, but I wanted to go anyways. I had waited so long to have kids and I was so excited to finally be able to take my kids to the pumpkin far that I didn't care. We crammed it in, in between their bottle feedings, pushed the double stroller around, and they slept!


As you can see, this year was a different story. The girls are up, walking around, picking things up and enjoying the experience. This is a picture of them waiting in line to ride on the Hay Ride.


Mary Elizabeth with Daddy on the hayride and the fam w/ half of Mckinley. During the hayride Mary Elizabeth "Oooed and Wowed" the whole time. She loved the talking pumpkins and the singing scarecrows. Mary Elizabeth is my wild and crazy one. She loved all of that far out stuff. Mckinley enjoyed sitting in Mommy's lap and stuffing hay into Mommy's lap, taking it out, and then putting it back. As you'll see, she's like her Mommy. She's always gotta be doing something.


After the hayride, Trent, Mckinley's 4 year old cousin (12:10 am as I'm writing this, Happy Birthday Trent!) gave her a kiss. How sweet!

Mary Elizabeth and Mckinley picking out their pumpkins. They got so excited when they saw them. They, of course, don't remember them from last year, so it was so neat for them to see all of these beautiful oranges balls all over the place.

My little determined girl - trying to pick up that heavy pumpkin! People stopped to watch her try with all of her might to pick that pumpkin up. I have no idea where she gets it! Right! One man that watched her said, "Well, it wasn't for lack of trying that she couldn't pick it up!" Maybe next year.

Here the girls are with the pumpkins that are more their size. They enjoyed picking them up. To them, they are like their "baws," as Mary Elizabeth calls them, that they love to throw at home.

Mckinley's trying to carry two pumkins. She always have to carry something in each hand - two dolls, to stuffed animals, you name it. I guess that's all she knows. We have two of everything and Mommy always carries around two babies, so why don't I? Their 2 year old cousin Ansley is checking out the pumpkins as well.


Mckinley posing. She so knows what the camera is. Mary Elizabeth still carrying around her pumpkin.


Mary Elizabeth giving her pumpkin to her daddy. She says, "Okay Daddy, I've got mine, now let's go home." She's such a Daddy's little girl. She really loves her daddy.


My buddy for the day, Ansley. She's such a great cuddler.

Mckinley stacked her little pumpkin on top of the big one. Again, always working.

Here's my little pumpkin princess with her loyal subjects. She feels a strong connection to the pumpkins! ;-)
We had a wonderful day! It was so much fun being able to share it with my nephew, niece, Clifford, and Melanie. We really had a blast. Hopefully, we'll be able to do more and more together as our children grow.

1 comment:

queenie said...

How cute is this place? Everyone with kids seems to go here - mental note to self to take future kids here when I have them. Your pics are adorable! Also, my husband's brother has fire-engine orange/red hair - there is a chance for redheads with us! I'm crossing my fingers!