I just want to share a special mommy moment that I just had. Mckinley is teething again, yea! Normally, she is a wonderful sleepy, but lately she's been a little restless. Usually, she calms herself back down. A few minutes ago, she woke up screaming and stood up. I went up there to calm her down. When I did Mary Elizabeth woke up too, so I sat them both on my lap in the rocker and started reading. Mary Elizabeth, being the snuggle bug that she is, took up my whole lap which wasn't helping Mckinley, so I laid them both back down and walked out. Mckinley still wasn't happy, but Mary Elizabeth went back to sleep. I picked Mckinley back up and started rocking her.
Now, to the point of my story. I started running my fingers through her beautiful red hair and then I stopped thinking that I might just be annoying her. When I did she picked up her hand and started to try to run her fingers through her hair! It was precious! It was one of those moments that made me realize what a wonderful miracle children and made me realize how happy I am to be a mommy and be able to share those with my children. Why? Well, first of all, we communicated. She let me know that she liked what I was doing and it is so amazing to be able to communicate with my babies, that I love more than anything in the world, after for so long communication was so one -sided. Also, she let me know that my mommy inclinations were right and what I was doing was helping her feel better and she liked it. It feels so good to know that your helping the ones you love.
Anyways, I thought I would share. Maybe you can relate, maybe not. But, it's nice to get it out there.
December Recap
7 months ago




3 comments:
awww so sweet. This mommy gig does rock most of the time ;-) Sorry Mckinley is having teeth issues...Ans is working on her 2 yr molars and it's AWFUL, I can SO relate.
Even though they're a little restless it's still nothing like the 1st teeth! Those were the worst! I still slept 8 hrs so - I can't complain!!! Good luck with Ansley's teeth.
After all these years I can still relate, it makes all those wonderful years come flooding back. Enjoy every moment, before you know it you will be where I am with these tears!!Viv
Post a Comment