After breakfast this morning, Mary Elizabeth went over to the window and wanted the blinds pulled up, so I did. She really enjoyed looking out the window this morning. So, I pulled up a chair and she sat and stared out the window. It was super cute. I love this picture of her. She's just so beautiful.

I also like this one b/c you can see her reflection in the window and you can see how she's amazed at what she's looking at.

Then "me too" came and wanted to look also.

I thought this was a precious one of her with her piggy bank. Hopefully, she'll be good at saving money like her daddy and not a spender like her mommy. :-)

Then, later, we learned how to sort things by color. They did amazingly well.

I kept it to 3 colors, so they weren't overwhelmed. They sorted red, yellow, and blue
Lego's. At first, I had them sorting into piles on the floor and that didn't go so well. So, just like in teaching, I decided to reevaluate. I thought that maybe they couldn't get the concept b/c they weren't having to put them somewhere "
separate" so I went and got plastic containers. It worked! Here's a picture of
Mckinley putting the blue
Lego with the other blue
Lego's.

And here's Mary Elizabeth's turn. What smart girls! Your mommy is so proud of you!
1 comment:
Wow! I'm really impressed by their ability to sort! What smart little girls!
Post a Comment