Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is What Happens When...

you randomly go to the doctor's office one day thinking you're fine and then you can't go up to you babies' room for the next eight weeks until after they are born. You don't find out the sex of your babies so you can't decide on the name until they are born. You have to drive to the hospital everyday for a month after your babies are born. You have to take care of two premature babies with horrible acid reflux and colic and they eat every 3 hrs and each feeding takes 1 and 1/2 hrs. You have 4 baby showers after your babies are born, so you have to find a place for all of the presents and write a ton of thank you notes. You have to send out birth announcements and Christmas cards. You have to go back to work 4 months after they are born. Add in day to day life events, a little laziness, other priorities, and some I'll do that later and you get - a babies' room that isn't finished until the babies are almost a year and a 1/2 old!!!

I finally got it the way I wanted it to be when I brought them home and I thought I'd share.

These are the name plaques on their bedroom door.

This is what their room looks like when you walk in.

I have Mary Elizabeth's and Mckinley's name over their cribs. They are wooden letters that I bought online and my dad painted. The thing in the middle is the camera for the video monitor.

Their cribs are from Baby's Dream, the Sea Island pattern,http://www.babysdream.com/ and their bedding is Ribbit Frog by Brandee Danielle.http://www.brandeedanielle.com/ribbitfrogbabybedding4pieceset.aspx I picked out the cribs before I ever got pregnant.

The dolls in the corner are Madame Alexander dolls that I designed from FAO Schwarz's doll factory. http://www.fao.com/catalog/boutique.jsp?parentCategoryId=93&categoryId=464&name=Doll+Factory%3A+Create+Your+Doll I made them match the features they had when they were born. The mirror and the tray are from SLAH. I bought those before I ever got pregnant in hopes that I'd someday use them.

The photos to the left of the window were taken by Cindy Harter http://cindyharterphotography.com/ when the girls were 8 months old. The mattes around them were signed by members of my family at a shower that my mom and my sister gave for us after the girls were born.

My ivory chenille chair - something I had to have and I love it! I've spent many nights rocking babies in that chair. It is SO comfortable and worth the money. The table was something I bought off of ebay while laying a the hospital bed!

3 comments:

Catherine Boozer said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure the girls love it!

The Malueg Family said...

Oh Jen! What a beautiful room! I love the white furniture...I wanted white sooo bad for Hannah's room but Mark didn't like the idea. I also love the dolls that you made - that is an awesome idea!!!

Jennifer G. said...

Hi Jen! I found your blog through Lauren Malueg's blog and I can't believe that you have the cutest little twins! Congratulations! I have two little ones myself and if you feel like checking us out, I have a blog over at www.totsites.com/tot/thegroves.

PS. Their room is adorable! So cute!

Jennifer Groves (Matejick)..from DZ