Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Getting Ready For Company

We had a wonderful weekend with one of my best friends and her family. Stephanie was my sorority sister in college, my lil sister in the sorority even though she's a year older than me (yes, she's 30! Sorry Steph!), my roommate in college, and my best friend. She is now married to a great guy name Michael and has two beautiful children: Ella Claire, 3 and Tate, 3 months.
We reconnected on Facebook and I'm eternally greatful to Facebook for that. Ever since our bow party, we've been planning to get together and we finally found an open weekend in our busy schedules. The bad thing is that right before they were supposed to come down, the girls and I developed a nasty cough. Also, the day of the boys' fishing trip was the projected blizzard of '09.

I wanted to teach the girls that before company comes over, you should always freshen up your house. Wash sheets, clean bathrooms, dust, vacuum, and sweep and mop. So, I enlisted their help!

Mckinley has the Swifter Wet Jet and Mary Elizabeth has the broom! If you're going to mess up you have to clean up! :-)
Then, Mckinley decided that it might be a little too crowded at our house with the extra people and she thought she'd pack up and go to grandma's for the night.
But then she changed her mind and came running back. Sorry Grandmas.
She ran straight back to Daddy's arms where he made it "all better."
Then, Daddy brought up their old swing from the basement so that Master Tate would be entertained during his visit. The girls quickly remembered their swings and tried to climb in. I told them no, that the swing was for the baby, so Mckinley went and got a stuffed animal and put him in the swing.

So, we practiced swinging our "baby" in the swing.

Tomorrow night I'll post pictures of our weekend and the crazy conclusion to the story...

4 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

I love the picture of the girls cleaning! The broom and mop look so big next to them! So cute!!! Good for you - training them early ;) The picture of Mckinley running back after "deciding not to go to Grandma's" cracks me up - I love it!

Unknown said...

Did that bring back memories of your little suitcase? At least she changed her mind this time. Just wait till she is like you were and calls her Grandma's behind your back begging one of them to come pick her up!

Anonymous said...

I have the "little red suitcase" all ready to go and am just waiting for the call!!! Mayfield Dairy here we come!!!