Saturday, March 14, 2009

PaPa's 86th Birthday

Tonight we celebrated PaPa's (my dad's dad) 86th birthday tonight! What a milestone! He's my only surviving grandparent and I must say, he's doing pretty well. We had a very fun night filled with good food, toys, playing around, and good company. I really enjoy seeing my girls interact with my family. It's something very magical to watch your own children grow up and form relationships with those that you have loved all your life. I hope to be able to continue to watch those bonds grow.

Here's a precious picture of Mary Elizabeth. She finally has enough hair to put it up in half piggies. I love this picture of her with her wrinkled up nose. I think it's precious.

Eating grapes. Gigi bought the sweetest, most delicious grapes they had ever tasted.


Mary Elizabeth with the birthday boy, grape in hand. She loves PaPa and he loves them. It melts my heart to hear how excited he gets when he gets to see them. I was always afraid that none of my grandparents would ever get to meet my children. I'm so glad that I still have one.


What? I like the grapes.

Mary Elizabeth trying to escape. I am SO glad we do not have these type of door knobs. These are SO much easier for 19 month olds to open. Mckinley is playing with one of MY baby toys! Yep, it's 29 years old. Also pictured, Riley.

Mckinley's sweet face.


Mckinley peering outside.

Mary Elizabeth's big girl smile.

Mckinley with Gigi.

The girls playing with their toys.


I thought this was a good shot of what the rest of us were doing while the girls were playing. Rusty is in this picture.


Mary Elizabeth crawling under the coffee table.

Mckinley playing with the GA Force thunder sticks.

Mckinley playing.


Mckinley is not as outgoing as Mary Elizabeth, so this was as close as we got to a photo with PaPa.

Me with my girls. My mom said that I'm never in the pictures that I post on my blog (because I'm always taking the pictures) so she took some with me in them. I like not being in the pictures, but HERE I AM!!!!
Mary Elizabeth... so sweet and precious. Pondering... maybe she's thinking of ways to have world peace.


My sweet, adorable Mckinley.


Mary Elizabeth. She's had her tongue out since day 1.

The girls listening to "Chicken Fried" on Auntie M's phone. We dance to this song nightly and they LOVE it. I love Mary Elizabeth's "girl power" pose.


All in all, we had a wonderful night. I want to thank God for my wonderful family and for all of the wonderful memories He's allowed us to share together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures were great!!! It was a wonderful night to spend with our PaPa, he really does get so excited when he sees the girls. All of us girls need to take him to dinner sometime soon.

By the way...you still don't know my dog!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...except the one of me in it! We ALL had a GREAT time! Can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

The "doggy fix" is TOO funny!!! I agree...Rusty DOES NOT look like himself without all the HAIR!!!

Jenn McPherson said...

THe girls are growing up so much!! They are sooo cute in their pigtails! Absolutely adorable!!