Monday, March 30, 2009

Sidewalk Chalk

This evening when Mommy got home, we went outside and played with the sidewalk chalk that we bought at Wal-Mart, in TN, last Friday. They had a blast! I did too! I still love to color with sidewalk chalk.
I like this picture of Mckinley because it shows how tall and lean she's gotten. She's getting that toddler body.

I also love this picture of Mary Elizabeth. She often sits and has this pondering look on her face. I always wondering what's going on in that head of hers.

Mckinley hard at work on her masterpiece.


Mary Elizabeth perfecting Mommy's drawings.


Their finished "masterpiece."
I also thought I'd give a quick update to what we've been doing lately. Friday, the girls and I rode up to Soddy Daisy, TN to pick up Louis' newly rebuilt boat engine with him. It was supposed to be a nice road trip for just Louis and I, but Louis' mom got sick and she was supposed to watch them, so the girls went with us. I was really looking forward to being able to spend some time just chatting with Louis and enjoy a lunch where I didn't have to rush to cut up food to keep two 19 month olds from screaming at me and then by the time I've cut up all their food, they're finished eating at ready to go and I've bearly started! Agh! But, it ended up being a WONDERFUL family day. The girls we're incredible. They lasted about 5 hours in the car before they made a peep. It was great! We played around at Wal-Mart, picked up rocks outside the boat place and tried to feed them to their dog, and ate some yummy barbecue ( the girls ate mac n cheese).
Saturday and Sunday we got to hang out with Daddy. This was one of the first weekends in a long time that Daddy had been home all weekend. It was very fun. The girls got very excited to see him each morning. They're not used to seeing him until later and it was a huge treat for them.
Sunday, after church, we went with Louis' dad, Papa, to a new Irish Pub. It was delicious. Louis and I had Shepard's Pie and it was SO yummy. The girls enjoyed drinking lemonade from straw cups and all of the decorations.
Today, my sister, Auntie M, came over and sat with the girls while they napped so that I could go get a filling. Yuck! It was great to have her help though. Vickie is still sick, so I needed some help. It's great to have family around to help out.
Other than that, we're making lists and trying to pack for our beach trip. We leave on Sunday and we're very excited! This will be our first family of four beach trip! Yippee! I hope it goes as well as we envision.

1 comment:

Tara said...

How fun!!! I still love sidewalk chalk, too! The girls are getting so tall! They are definitely getting that cute little toddler build! Have so much fun on your beach trip! Where are you headed? I can't wait to see the pictures! :)