Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Feeding Each Other and Cars

Last night the girls had mac-n-cheese for dinner (always a crowd pleaser). After Mary Elizabeth got full, she decided to feed her sister. Why? I have no idea. I'd rather Mckinley feed Mary Elizabeth, because Mary Elizabeth is so skinny, but lo que sea (whatever). Regardless, it was precious and they are precious. I love how they are playing more and more together everyday.
Here's Mary Elizabeth going in.
Making contact.
Excitement!!!!


After dinner, we let the girls watch a few minutes of Cars, their FAVORITE movie. Here's a picture of Mckinley showing us that her car in her hand matches the one on the screen.

Mckinley's flirty grin. Beautiful face.

Mary Elizabeth and Mommy. She's got her new car in her hand. Louis took this picture without the flash on, so I lightened it up a TON so you could see us. The quality didn't look great so I went ahead and did the film grain effect. Yes, I don't have make up on so don't judge! I just thought it was cute of her and thought I'd include it. Also, I don't know if any of you other moms have this fear, but sometimes I worry that if something ever happens to me, the girls won't have many pictures of me to remember me by since I'm always taking the pictures. I'm afraid that they won't know how much I love them, because it looks like I'm never with them since I'm never in the pictures. Sniff, sniff. Maybe this is just my own psycho fear, but, anyways, this is another reason I included it.

The girls and I had a great day together. Vickie is still sick, so I was at home with them. We did errands - car tag renewal, emissions, bank, Target, grocery store. The girls were great! At Target I got them little Lightin' McQueen toy cars (not very girly, I know, but they love him!) and little swim shirt bathing suits. I thought those would be good in case they get their little shoulders burnt this summer and in case it's not quite warm enough this beach trip for a plain bathing suit. We tried them on before dinner, that's why they were topless at dinner! The girls have carried those cars around everywhere with them. Mckinley asks for the car and won't stop repeating the word until we find hers. They took a nap with their cars yesterday. Yesterday at the grocery store, I let them ride in one of the car carts (big step! I Clorox wiped it to death!!!) and they had a blast. They would lay on each other inside the car, hug each other, scream like they didn't like it, and then bust out laughing. They love each other and I'm SO glad! They were a scene, but they're fun.

3 comments:

The Malueg Family said...

Oh my goodness! I love the pictures of Mary Elizabeth feeding Mckinley. Makes me want another baby NOW so that Hannah can have a brother/sister to do things like that with.

And I've never thought about having pictures with me in it, but now that you mentioned it, I basically have NONE! I need to do a better job of relinquishing the camera to Mark.

And what were you doing updating your blog at 5:20 in the morning!?!?!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see them Saturday!

Tara said...

I totally feel you about not being in any pictures! I feel the same way... we mommies get left out because we're always the ones with the camera trying to capture every little moment! The picture of you with Mary Elizabeth is so cute...and you look great, even without makeup! :) The close up picture you took of Mckinley is precious! You got a really good shot! Seriously, it reminds me of the close-ups our professional photographer takes!