I registered today for my first 5K. I'm very excited and very nervous. My dear friend, Lauren, will be running with me. This is her 4th 5K, so hopefully she'll have some advice for me. It's Saturday, May 2nd at 8:00 am at the Avenues in Forsyth. Please come cheer me on if you can. Also, I'm looking for volunteers to babysit. Louis has to work that morning and my SIL is graduating that morning as well. Great planning, I know. But, I've been training for awhile and I'm determined to run.
I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I haven't done anything competitive since I was 17, so I'm wondering if I'll have this desire to win or if I'll continue to care less. This is a really big deal to me since I've NEVER been a runner. I could swim 2 hrs a day and still not be able to run a mile. A mile was always a huge distance to me and I'm amazed that I run 3 miles 4 times a week. Anyways, I'm very nervous and excited. I never thought I'd do this. So, I'm taking the plunge and I hope my first 5K is a good experience.
December Recap
7 months ago




1 comment:
Yay! That's awesome, Jen! Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes...You'll do great! :)
Post a Comment