Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 2 and 3 at the Beach

The girls absolutely love it here! They love the condo, the beach, and everything we do. I think they want this to be their new home. They're learning their way around the place. They love to walk on the elevators and stare out the windows at the ocean. They have their own room here and they are sleeping at night and napping great. We've determined that they don't mind sleeping in pack-n-plays, they just can't sleep in the same room with us. Once they wake up and see us, they won't go back to sleep, not even with us. Louis and I have joked that they love it so much here, that they're like, "We better suck it up and sleep well in our new beds, or they'll make us leave." :-)
Sunday, after the girls woke up from their nap, they had snack. Mary Elizabeth crawled up in one of the chairs and looked so big. I thought it was so cute, so I snapped a picture.
And then monkey see, monkey do did it too.
Monday was pretty chilly so we hung out in the room a lot and went to the hot tubs. They weren't too hot, but warm enough. The girls jumped off the sides into the water just like a pool. This is when they first got in and Mary Elizabeth wasn't too sure. Oh, and pardon Mckinley's hair.


After the hot tubs, they ate lunch on the balcony.


That night, we took them out for ice cream! Yummy!



The highlight of the night was a bouncy ball vending machine. Each girl got a jumbo bouncy ball. They were so excited to see it come out of the machine! You would have thought that they had won the lotto! They've been carrying them around ever since. The balls are different colors and it's so neat that they know who's ball is who's.


Today, we took the girls to see their first movie in a movie theater. The girls were great!!! The watched the entire thing without ever crying, trying to get down, or anything. They were glued the entire time!!! From the previews to the credits!!! When they movie ended they told the movie, "Bye - bye!" Precious. Their attention spans really amaze us. We took them to see Monsters vs. Aliens and it's very funny and really cute. I packed a lunch for them to eat during the movie since it was at 1:00 and they ate M & M's for desert! Yum! It was so cute to hear them gasping and "Oh, Oh"ing through the movie. I love seeing things for the first time through their eyes. It's such a treat.



All in all, this has been a dream come true for us. When, Louis and I came here 4 years ago, we loved it, and all we could talk about was what a great family place this was and how much we wanted to bring our kids here one day. What a blessing to have children now that we can do these things with. We're just loving life!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Awwww...so fun! The girls look like they're having the time of their lives! And I know you and Louis love experiencing it all with them! They have a very fun mommy and daddy! ;) I'm so jealous...I would LOVE a trip to the beach right now! I'm so glad y'all are having such a great time! And, I'm super impressed that you are blogging while on vacation! :)

The Malueg Family said...

I'm so glad you guys are having a great time! I'm super impressed by the girls attention spans and their ability to sit through an entire movie! I'm too scared to try that with Hannah. Can't wait to see more pics!

erin said...

Soooo fun! There is nothing like making memories with your children! Looks like ya'll are having a blast..soak up some sun for me!

Unknown said...

It looks like you are all having a good time. I noticed that Mary Elizabeth is eating and drinking a lot....maybe the vacation will help her gain a little weight!