Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

We had a wonderful Christmas this year and we hope you did too! Christmas was very magical with children in the house, finally, that knew a little about what was going on. Louis and I loved it. The girls were very good this year and Santa was very good to them. Brace yourself, this is a long one.


Mommy was so excited to see what Santa brought the girls that she snuck out of her bedroom in the middle of the night to see what Santa had brought the girls. I was so excited to see all the presents that Santa had left under the tree and the stockings he had filled. The girls got a table and chairs, a slide, two Elmos, a see and say, a medical kit, a purse, two puzzles and some nesting blocks. Santa left new personalized sippies, silver bracelets, and M & M's in their stockings. It was so neat to see their faces on Christmas morning when they came down the stairs and saw all of the stuff. Mckinley ran right to the slide and Mary Elizabeth went right to the table and sat in her chair!
Santa was very hungry that night. He ate all of the homemade, chocolate chip cookies and milk. Mckinley sitting at her table playing with the medical kit.Mary Elizabeth's and Mckinley's personalized chairs.
Opening presents from Mommy and Daddy. They got Lilly Pulitzer dresses, personalized bloomers, and books.

Mary Elizabeth gets more into opening presents than Mckinley.
Mary Elizabeth playing on her slide.
Mckinley with her sippy.
Mary Elizabeth going through her stocking.

Santda idn't forget Gus and Brandi just because we have kiddos now. They got stuff in their stockings too.
Look at hot Mommy in her night gown with no makeup! I got this night gown from my mother-in-law when I was pregnant. It's big and gross and I love it! Louis got me a little something so I'd have a present to open Christmas morning. I got an awesome bath tub bar that you can prop a book on and put a glass of wine and candles on and relax while taking a bath. I haven't tried it yet, but Louis made me promise that I'd use it at least once a month. I'm excited!

Daddy playing with his new tool that he got for Christmas. It's called a thread setter. Don't ask, I can't tell ya.
Every Christmas Day after opening presents we head over to my parents' house for Christmas with them. This year, mom got all of our old stuff out of storage and set up the big room down in the basement for the girls to have their very own playroom at her house. They loved it!

Here's Mckinley sitting at my old table and chairs playing with food.

Mary Elizabeth playing with one of our old baby dolls. She's giving the baby a paci. The baby is in our old baby bed and notice our old chalk board behind her. It's so neat to have my girls playing with my old toys.
Sitting together at the table and chairs and playing.
Mary Elizabeth sitting with my PaPa. He's my only surviving grand parent.
Mary Elizabeth passing out presents.

Mckinley opening presents.
Mom got the girls these monkeys that she saw on Regis and Kelly. They were a "2008 Must Have Gift." They're so cool. You give the monkey a banana and he sucks on it. Then, when you take it away it cries, then if you hug it he says "Awww" and stops crying. Mary Elizabeth especially loves him. They both like them and have totally figured them out, but Mary Elizabeth wants to sleep with him. I turn him off at night though. I don't want to her him "WAAAA" in the middle of the night!


Mary Elizabeth "reading" Uncle D's books.

Mckinley "cleaning up." She's collecting all of the bows.

Mary Elizabeth smelling Uncle D's new Gio cologne.

Mary Elizabeth and her new walking "Brandi" sitting with PaPa.

Mary Elizabeth opening presents with Auntie M.

Mary Elizabeth wearing Mommy's new ear muffs.
The girls opening up their big present from Nana and Pop - a kitchen.

Back at home the day after Christmas - the girls sitting at their table and having a tea party with their new tea set.
Our family really hopes that you had a wonderful holiday season and that you're as blessed as we are to have your health and your loved ones to spend the holidays with. 2008 was a very special year for us and we hope that 2009 is even better!

No comments: