Daddy went fishing Saturday and got two fish. Pretty good for 44 degree water. I asked Louis to bring home whatever he caught and we'd cook it for dinner. I thought it be fun to cook the meat "my man caught to feed his family." He, he! It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The meat was good, but the process was horrible. The fish were still moving 2 and 1/2 hours after he got them! I was convinced they were still alive and wanted Louis to take them to the creek so they could live. Louis said they still had involuntary muscle movement after they died. Anyways, I was scarred. I've said it before, but I'd be a vegetarian if I weren't borderline or anemic and it weren't so much work trying to get enough iron and protein in your diet without meat. That's why I also don't eat meat with bones and skin. It reminds me too much of where it came from. Ugh! Anyways...
December Recap
7 months ago




3 comments:
I love Mckinley's reaction!! Please tell me that Louis cleaned the fish and that you didn't have to do that part!!
I know. I loved it too. She's just precious!
No, Louis did it. Louis always cleans the fish. There's never any doubt that I'm not about to do that.
I love Mckinley's reaction too...that is SO the reaction I would have had ;) ha ha! Mary Elizabeth must be your brave one! :) They are too cute!
Post a Comment