Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Individuals and Manis/ Pedis

Our little girls may be twins, but they are certainly individuals. We don't have to dress them differently to show that. :-) Today, after playing upstairs in the play room, it was time to go downstairs for lunch. I taught them several months ago how to go down the stairs by themselves because carrying 50 lbs down the stairs was no fun! I taught them step by step. First, I pushed them down on either side of me, on their butts, step by step. Then, I let them do it on their own on either side of me. Next, I went in front of them and they slide down on their own. Now, I feel comfortable enough to let them go down pretty much on their own. Well, today, we started down the stairs like usual, but Mary Elizabeth turns around on her belly before she got to the stairs! Who taught her that? I taught them both to go down on their butts and I know their daddy and Nana still carry them down the stairs. Weird! She's always been her own person and done things her own way, even if it's more difficult. She also learned to sit up her own way, she wouldn't do it the way I tried to teach her. It was just so strange for her to all of a sudden do something totally different, all her own idea, and for her to do it perfectly.

Here's a picture of Mckinley before we went down the stairs. She's pretend coloring on my wall. I love her sweet, beautiful face.

Here's a picture of Mckinley going down the stairs on her butt, they way I taught her. Do you see Mary Elizabeth in the back ground? This is what she did when I told her to go down stairs. She didn't want to leave her play room, so she laid down on the floor. She wasn't crying or pitching a fit, she just quietly protested.


When she did decide to go down the stairs, this is what she did. A way all her own! She did it so well, like she's been doing that way all along.


Here's one of them both going down the stairs in their own style.


Then, tonight, Daddy went and played pool with the guys in the neighborhood. While he was gone we had a mani/ pedi party! This was the first time I have painted the girls' nails. I picked a pale pink, Wet N Wild, color because it's sweet and it dries quickly.

Mckinley's hands and toes.




Mary Elizabeth's ...


1 comment:

The Malueg Family said...

I love the way the girls have their own "style"!! I can't believe that they sat still enough to have their nails done. Didn't they want to touch it before it dried? I can't wait to try it on Hannah this summer!