Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mary Elizabeth's First Picture


While I change the girls' diapers, I usually give them something to play with so that they'll lay still and help the changing process go smoother. Louis' camera (which used to be my camera, but now since I have a Mac Daddy camera, Louis took my old one as his "fishing camera") was sitting on my jewelry chest which is by my changing station in our bedroom downstairs. So, Mary Elizabeth and Mckinley have been grabbing it and playing with it while I change their diapers. It bothers Louis because he thinks they are going to break it, but it keeps them from screaming so I don't care. Usually, they just hold it in front of them, laugh, and say "cheese." However, one day last week Mary Elizabeth figured out how to turn it on by herself and take a picture!!! I didn't help her or show her the right buttons to push at all! I was so proud of her. She's really good at figuring out how things work. Anyways, here's Mary Elizabeth's FIRST picture that she took all by herself!!! It's a picture of me, with my hair up in a pony tail, glasses on, changing her diaper. It's very special to me!! Hopefully she'll grow up to love taking pictures like her mommy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder where she gets that from......I seem to remember someone else who HAS to play with all the buttons and try to figure out how things work!?

The Malueg Family said...

So cute and such a smart little girl!

Tara said...

Yay, Mary Elizabeth!!! That IS very smart! :) Speaking of cameras, I finally got a nice one for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago! I got the Canon Rebel XSI and I think that's the one you told me you have. I LOVE IT!!! :)

Jen Daniel said...

Mom, I never thought about that. I guess she did get some of it from me. I always thought that she had Louis' intelligence since he's so good at fixing things.

Tara - That is the camera I have! Isn't it awesome?! I wish I had gotten it sooner. I would have if someone else (LOUIS) would have let me. I wanted to get one b/f the girls were born, but someone didn't think I'd use it since I never took many pictures b/f the girls were born.