I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. It was a wonderful weekend full of fun. Saturday, I got to go shopping by myself and I used the gift cards that I got for my birthday and I bought some plants for my garden. That night, we went over the Vickie and Andy's for dinner and to celebrate Vickie's mother's day. We had a great dinner and a lot of good family time. While walking outside with Papa, Mckinley spotted the pool. She is such a waterbug like her mommy. She loves to be in the water no matter how cold it is. When she saw the pool, she had to get in. So, we stripped off their clothes and they got in the pool with their cousins Hannah and Alex. Here's a picture of Mckinley with Hannah and Alex.

Mary Elizabeth got in, but she got cold. Her she is with Nana and her cousin Ansley.

On Sunday, I got up and ran 3 miles and Louis had pancakes and bacon ready for me when I got home. We went to church and then grabbed Arby's for lunch. The girls took a nap and Louis and I worked outside. Louis tilled up a spot for a garden for me, which made me very happy. Louis and the girls each gave me sweet cards and a nice spa gift card. I can't wait to use it! Mommy loves spas! Then, after the girls woke up, we packed up the girls and headed to my parents for dinner to celebrate Mother's Date with my mom. I didn't have to cook a single meal Sunday and that was great!
The girls made flower pots with their thumb prints for their Nana's. They were so cute.
Here's Mckinley out in front of my parents house.

Mary Elizabeth with Uncle D.

This was hilarious. Mary Elizabeth loved "exploring" in Gigi's front flower bed. It was like she thought she was in a jungle. Right after this picture, Mary Elizabeth broke through the plants and started running down the street. Mommy had to chase after her. It's so interesting to Louis and I that she does funny things and knows she's funny while doing them. We've always wondered if the things we think that are funny are funny to us because that's what's accepted as funny in society or if it's innately funny. Watching her makes us think it's innately funny. (Sorry to get deep.)

Walking with Mommy to the back of the house.

Mckinley playing with a stroller.

Mary Elizabeth with a ball.

The "Foster Girls." Three generations. David did this funky dance to get the girls to look at him while taking this picture and it made us genuinely laugh.

Me and my girls. They are so precious and perfect to me. I just love being a mommy.

Mckinley with the stroller again.

Mary Elizabeth walking down the stairs with Auntie M. They both love to walk up and down steps over and over again. Mary Elizabeth has one of our Cabbage Patch dolls from when Miranda and I were little.

Dad cooking and Miranda and David hanging out. Dad made ribs. They were SO good!

Mckinley playing in the fountain with Uncle D. She loves water!

Mary Elizabeth figured out how to push the stroller up the steps. This stroller is a Cabbage Patch stroller and another relic from our childhood.

Sweet, precious, Mckinley.

Mary Elizabeth concentrating as she lifts the stroller up the stairs. She inherited our trait of sticking her tongue out while she concentrates. I still catch myself doing that today.

1 comment:
You got some great pictures of Mother's Day! I love the picture of the three generations! We take a lot of those because, one day, they will be priceless! The girls are precious as always...I love their pink dresses!
Post a Comment