Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday and Monday

Sunday and Monday we took the boat out on Lake Hartwell. This was the girls' first boat ride! They loved it. They loved the wind in their faces and they of course, loved it when we beached the boat and let them play in the water! They are the ultimate water bugs!

Here's Mckinley all geared up in her name fishing hat and life jacket!

Mary Elizabeth is ready to go! Come on, Daddy! I'm driving!

Mckinley, so content. Driving the boat with her Daddy.


Mary Elizabeth lost in the calmness of floating on the water.


Mckinley: "Hmm, Daddy, I don't think this is such a good spot to catch fish."

Mary Elizabeth's turn to drive. She's got the right idea. Leaned back on her "pillow."

Mary Elizabeth pausing from throwing rocks in the water and watching them splash to watch a boat go by.

Mckinley going plop, plop.


Playing in the waves that the boat going by made. Mckinley, no fear, going face first into the wave.

I love this one. My little girls splashing in the water.


I usually do my pictures in color b/c Mckinley's beautiful red hair and blue eyes are so vibrant, but due to the red mud, I decided to change it up a bit. I loved taking my girls to the lake that I grew up on for their first boating experience. I'm so glad that they loved it. It's a good thing too, b/c with a Daddy that LOVES to fish and a Mommy that loves to be out on the water, they're probably going to be out there a lot.
They next two pictures are so sweet to me. I always love looking at other people's pictures of their kids "falling out" on the way home in the car. I just think it's so sweet. I love sleeping babies. They're such angels then. :-) I love to look at them and wonder what they are dreaming. Anyways, my girls have not fallen asleep in the car in a LONG time, so I haven't been able to take those photos. But, Monday, on the way home I got my chance. They each fell asleep for about an hour on the way home. Precious.




No comments: