Saturday, May 2nd, I ran in my first 5K. It was at the Avenues in Forsyth and it benefited ALS. Like I've said before, this was a big accomplishment for me. It was one of those things I never thought I'd be able to do, and I'm so proud that I did it.
The race was a lot of fun. It was really enjoyable until the last hill. There were a lot more people there than I expected and the whole thing made me very nervous. I just wanted to get my first race behind me, so I'd know what to expect next time. I learned a lot this race. I learned about the finish line ( I had no idea where this one was) and I learned that the times they were calling out were the pace that I was on to finish, not my current race time. I do want to run with a stop watch next time, so I can better pace myself. I was clueless.
Miranda, my wonderful sister, made it possible for me to race Saturday. Louis had to work and showed up just in time for the gun to go off and left just after I crossed the finish line. I'm very thankful that he took time away from work to come and support me. It was very sweet of him and it meant a lot to me to have him there. Miranda fed the girls breakfast while I ran, took pictures of me, and watched the girls for me. She was a God send. Saturday was crazy enough getting myself up and ready with all of my nerves. Packing breakfast and other things for the girls and getting them up and ready. I would not have finished if she had not met me there, watched them while I raced, and helped me with them afterwards while I was tired and needed to stretch out. Thank you Auntie M!
Here are some photos from race day. Here I am with the girls before the race.
Here I am going up the big hill for the first time.
As I ran by the girls I said their names and Mckinley wanted to go with Mommy.
Going down the hill now, yea! Waving and having fun!
The end's in sight!!! I finished at 29 min 13 sec. I was SO happy with that time and could not believe it when I saw 29 min on the screen! My goal was 34 min and I smoked my goal! Go me!




2 comments:
Congrats Jen!!! I am proud of you, I could hardly walk a 5k!!! And by the way-- I get all hot and sweaty and red faced when I work out too, AND I don't get the same results as you, never have, never will :) I am proud of you girl!!!
Good for you girl!! I used to run all the time & loved it! You will be addicted! I loved your support team too-beautiful girls!!
Post a Comment