At Barefoot Landing they have this place where you can get your picture taken with monkey or tigers. It's so cool. All proceeds go towards saving rare and endangered tigers like the Tabby Tiger. They don't live in cages, they live on a 60 acre "resort" in Myrtle Beach, SC. Different ones are transported daily to Barefoot Landing for pictures and then are taken home.
I've been wanting to do this since before I got pregnant. It was more of a dream come true for me than for them, but that's okay. Mommy's can want things too. The girls got SO excited when the man brought Maya, the monkey, out. They love Curious George and they were so excited to see a real monkey. They petted her and things were going great, UNTIL they sat Maya down in between them. They both looked at her and their eyes got HUGE! They were not sure about that! Monkeys are fine to look at and touch, but they're not for sitting down with and hanging out. So, this was the best picture we could get. They wouldn't scoot closer to Maya. But, this is them, at almost 2, with a monkey. I've captured the moment, and I'm happy with it.
Maya is such a little lady. She sits with her ankles crossed, her hands in her lap, and smiles a big toothy smile. Since we went when it was pouring down rain (notice the wet hair), they weren't crowded and had extra time to spend with the girls. Mary Elizabeth wanted nothing to do with Maya after she sat down next to her. I think she offended her. :-) I mean they just met! Mckinley warmed back up to her. She petted her some more and Maya even licked Mckinley finger and my finger. It was so awesome! I've had a real life monkey lick my finger! Check that off my bucket list!




No comments:
Post a Comment